It’s that time of year to start gift planning – and with the supply chain issues we’ve been seeing this year, the earlier you can start, the better.
I pulled together a few gift ideas for the men and women in your life, based on products Daniel and I have either tried and LOVED or have researched thoroughly and are hoping Santa comes through this year. 😉
1. Solo stove: This is something that’s on both of our wish lists this year. It is a nearly-smokeless fire pit, and comes in several different sizes and colors.
2. Melin hats: I convinced Daniel to buy these after I was repeatedly targeted on Instagram with their ads #influenced. They are advertised as waterproof and sweat proof and GUYS… they weren’t lying! Daniel LOVES these hats. He does yard work in them, uses them for golfing, by the pool, and even on date nights. Because no matter how much wear they get, they never look dingy. And, if you’re feeling generous this season, partial proceeds from their “Kindness Pass It On” hats are donated to a worthy non-profit.
3. Magnetic stud finder: This was a nifty addition to our toolbox. It was just a few bucks, and we use it all the time!
4. True tees: Also #influenced on Instagram (are you sensing a theme here?). These tee shirts are extremely flattering on your man. And Daniel says they are very comfortable – win-win!
5. Blackstone: Guys. This was the best gift I’ve purchased for Daniel. Ever. The Blackstone grill is every household’s best friend. We meal prep on it every single week. Its cast iron top is great for everything from pancakes and bacon, to hibachi, and everything in between. Clean up is a breeze, and it’s great to have on hand if you ever lose power #floridaprobs.
6. Ooni Pizza Oven: We don’t own this, but we have had our eyes on this pizza oven for quite some time. If you know someone who is an avid entertainer, this outdoor pizza oven seems like a crowd pleaser. And coupled with s’mores by the Solo Stove?! Heaven.
7. Karhu Running Shoes: Daniel recently purchased these from our local Feet Fleet and says they’re great for distance running. They’re also comfortable and come at a reasonable price point. If you have a runner in the family, 10/10 recommend!
8. Blackstone Grilling accessories: If you have the Blackstone, or are thinking about purchasing one, this set of grilling accessories is the perfect addition. It includes all your grilling spatulas, tongs, meat press, egg cookers and more.
9. Bad Birdie Polos: These have been a go-to gift for Daniel for years. Bad Birdie is a brand of polos with breathable material and super fun prints. Great for golfing, or a night out.
10. Bushnell Wingman Speaker: Great for the golfer in your family. Daniel recently purchased this and uses it all the time. It is a Bluetooth speaker with a large magnet on the back, which allows you to attach it to the golf cart while playing. The app is preloaded with thousands of courses from across the country, too and uses GPS to tell you how far away the hole is from your current location when you have the app open.
1. Golden Coil Notebook: For the Type A planners in your family (heh, me). You can customize the pages in this planner and there are a variety of options. I use mine for to-do lists, daily activities, meal planning, and transcribing notes and design plans after meetings with clients.
2. Caraway Cooking Ware: If you need new pots or pans, this is hands down what you need to be investing in. These are non-toxic, non-stick, ceramic pots and pans and they are no joke. We’ve had ours for over a year and use them for everything – eggs, stir fry, fish fry, bacon, you name it. Clean up is so easy; everything wipes down with no residue. And they just rolled out a new color combination, exclusive at Crate & Barrel. Go, go, go!
3. Target backpack: This faux suede backpack is super adorable and great for around town. Stuff it with hair accessories, skin care products, etc and you’ve got an all-in-one gift bundle.
4. Urban Outfitters gold hoop set: Love this set as a stocking stuffer. It comes in three different sizes and is a great everyday accessory for the lady in your life.
5. PMD Facial Cleaner: THISSSSS. Daniel outdid himself with this gift last year. I didn’t even know I needed it until I had it. Its silicone brushes are gentle and it has several vibration settings for a more intense clean. There’s even a heating stone on the back to help with serum absorption. This is great for everyday, and especially on the days I’m covered in sawdust after a DIY project. Lol
6. L’Oréal Mascara: If the woman in your life has been complaining about needing a new mascara, this is the answer to her woes. It has a bendable wand for easier application and never flakes.
7. Fuzzy Socks: I mean… who doesn’t love fuzzy socks?
8. Athletic Greens: Ok, hear me out. I know this isn’t the sexiest gift idea around, but I recently started drinking Athletic Greens a few months back and now I don’t go a day without it. It’s a daily green supplement, a multi-vitamin, and pro-biotic, all in one. And it doesn’t taste like grass, so that’s a major plus.
9. Olaplex Shampoo and Conditioner: Every hairdresser swears by it, but no woman wants to spend the money on it, because it is a splurge. But it is worth every penny. I don’t know the hair-science behind this, but it works wonders on my hair without making it greasy or dry, and my sister who is a hairstylist highly recommends it. You can’t go wrong with this one.
10. Revlon hair drying brush: Another 10/10 hair product. Blow dry your hair and style it at one time, with less damage.
11. Impact drill: And onto the tools! If you have an avid DIY-er in the family who’s still building her collection of tools, this impact drill is a great addition. In fact, Ryobi is having an amazing sale right now on their cordless power tool starter kit, just $200. I use this drill for almost every DIY project around the house, and yes, it is different from your power drill.
12. Wide brim hat
Happy shopping! If you’ve found any great deals this holiday season, feel free to share your finds in the comments.